Meet Jacque Fresco. He is a futurist, inventor, social engineer, visionary and technician, best known for the Venus Project.
“I am going to say some things that bother you, but please be patient, I am not your enemy”In his Future By Design documentary about Fresco’s life and ideas, Emmy winning filmmaker William Gazecki called the 97-year-old Jacque “a modern day Da Vinci.” Others have called him “a new Buckminster Fuller.” He covers variety of interesting topics such as: how he sees himself; scarcity and money as the root of all evil; the Venus Project; the need for unambiguous language; why he claims that most people are “unsane”; whether philosophers are bullshitters; the clash of civilizations and the nation state; education and the scientific method; the modern culture of bread and spectacles; resource based economy; Ray Kurzweil, artificial intelligence and the technological singularity; the Zeitgeist movement; Ayn Rand and objectivism; death and cryonics.
So why should we take notice?
- He hopes for a resource based economy
- He hopes for an education system that promotes thinking, wisdom and transcendence
- He hopes for values that promote a sustainable society
- He hopes to reduce war and poverty with a values based society.
- We are not born with hatred or greed, it is created by the society we are born into.
- We better take of the environment
- We better take care of each other
- He hopes to address the underlying cause
- An ethical based government with the best interest of the people
- Intelligent management of the earths resources for our global wellbeing